Re: [Evolution] Forward Attachments

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 19:02 +0200, guenther wrote:

And the origin of any
  attachment will be clear without confusion.

Thanks. this actually explains it better.

I tried to explain this more than once... ;)

You even can set Forwarding as Attachment as default forwarding action
in the Settings.

Just for my understanding...
Was this changed in 1.5 from 1.4.6.

Dunno when exactly the attachment handling changed. But IIRC it where
only minor changes, most of the logic still is the same as it was for a
couple of versions.

I am just a little use to the way
Outlook did things and I thought that 1.4.6. use to do it in a format
where text forward/replies were "inline" while attachments always "moved
with the mail". This is apparently not (no longer) the case. Why is
that?

I already expressed my opinion about attachment handling...

It doesn't make any sense at all to resend attachments when replying --
cause the one you are replying to just sent you the very same
attachment. So why would I want to send it back?

When forwarding inline/quoted, the origin of attachments simply is not
clear. Whereas forwarding as attachment leaves the original mail
entirely unaltered and isn't ambiguous about the origin of any
attachment.

Forwarding as Attachment is the way to go, IMHO.

...guenther

This clarified what I needed. It makes sense once it is explained. Hold
over thought process from my MS Outlook days.

Thanks,