Re: [Evolution] Attachment Icons Missing depending upon Theme Chosen

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 23:44, guenther wrote:
Try the default Gnome icon theme. If the used icon theme is broken,
having the default installed can't do anything...

Which one is the default theme anyway? I even tried Bluecurve. Still the
same thing.

No definite answer, but I believe it's the one called 'GNOME'. ;-)
Nope.. Even a Fresh install of FC2 don't have that named so aptly. :-(

meaning, say I attach a tar file, nothing is displayed in the Attachment
window(I have no idea if the attachment was created). An Xls file works,
etc..

Yep, the attachment will be sent, even if the icon is not displayed. Try
sending one of those invisible attachments to yourself and see.

I know, but it's kind of a glaring problem if you can't see it and you
can't remove it

Sure, this is a bug and causes some annoyances...

:-)

Anyway, as we are close to Evolution 2.0 there won't be any 1.4.x
updates, unless they are security relevant.

I tried updating to 1.5 as Not Zed suggested but failed miserably, I was
trying to use Nyquist Rpms.

Failed installing?

Lots of dependency issues which didn't want to resolve itself

FWIW: Keep in mind, that running 1.5.x for the first time will import
your data and save it in a different directory. That means, you should
remove the 1.5.x/2.0.x directory when continuing to use 1.4.x -- before
upgrading to versions >= 1.5.

Don't really understand what you mean.
If I run 1.5, it will import the settings and data to another directory.
Correct?

If say, I run it once or twice, and still see the same problems, and I
revert to 1.4x again, use it say.. for a couple of weeks and then go
back to 1.5x, everything which changed within the past few weeks will
not reflect in 1.5x? Correct?

 Otherwise any changed data will not be
imported again. Just a warning though, if you ever managed to run 1.5 at
least once.

So.. I need to remove the whole 1.5x directory and get it to re-import?
What about my local mails in ~/evolution?

Currently trying to get Evo 1.5.93 running via jhbuild.

Thanks

...guenther

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel