[Evolution] evolution still slow

okay here's the specs:

Fedora Core 1
Evolution 1.4.5

All mailboxes are local and are fed via procmail. spamassasin takes care
of all the nasties.

i totally emptied my Inbox and all other mailboxes are very small. i
expunge and empty the trash constantly.

however...

when i go to delete an email (or move an email or switch mailboxes)
sometimes it takes far too long for these actions. for the life of me i
can't figure this out. i've done everything but delete my ~/evolution
directory (and let it rebuild). i don't want to have to do that because
of my contacts and calendar.

has anyone experienced this same thing? anyone have any idea what could
be causing it?

thanks.

--
jack wallen, jr.   L O N G  L I V E  L O N G  R I D E S