Re: [Evolution] evolution still slow

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 09:27 -0400, jack wallen wrote:
okay here's the specs:

Fedora Core 1
Evolution 1.4.5

All mailboxes are local and are fed via procmail. spamassasin takes care
of all the nasties.

i totally emptied my Inbox and all other mailboxes are very small. i
expunge and empty the trash constantly.

however...

when i go to delete an email (or move an email or switch mailboxes)
sometimes it takes far too long for these actions. for the life of me i
can't figure this out. i've done everything but delete my ~/evolution
directory (and let it rebuild). i don't want to have to do that because
of my contacts and calendar.

has anyone experienced this same thing? anyone have any idea what could
be causing it?

Are you having procmail deliver directly to the evolution folders?  That will always be slow since the files will change and evolution will have to re-scan them so it can properly identify new messages, etc.

But you're saying you have no mail anyway?  how small is very small?

How long is too long?

What format are the mailboxes?

What does it say its doing when its going slow?

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"