Re: [Evolution] evolution still slow

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 13:27, jack wallen wrote:
when i go to delete an email (or move an email or switch mailboxes)
sometimes it takes far too long for these actions. for the life of me i
can't figure this out. i've done everything but delete my ~/evolution
directory (and let it rebuild). i don't want to have to do that because
of my contacts and calendar.

has anyone experienced this same thing? anyone have any idea what could
be causing it?

Is this on a machine that's always left on? I run evo (via a remote X
display) from an always-on server. Sometimes evo doesn't always shut
down properly and leaves various things running (probably 1 time in 20
or so); the next time I start it it'll run but produces the sort of
sluggish behaviour that you describe (and often ends up hanging
completely).

evolution --force-shutdown sorts it out again. I assume two different
processes end up fighting for the same resource; I'm not sure why it
doesn't always shut down cleanly though (possibly something to do with
the remote display; maybe if the network's saturated at the point when I
close then something times out and doesn't exit cleanly)

The good thing is that despite it sometimes getting upset like this,
I've never known it corrupt data in any way.

Just a thought anyway...

cheers,

Jules