Re: [Evolution] LDAP + Evo update trouble

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 17:07 +0200, David Kmoch wrote:
V Po, 26. 04. 2004 v 13:12, Tony Earnshaw píše:
man, 26.04.2004 kl. 09.49 skrev David Kmoch:

Hmm, thats strange, but with GQ-1.0b1 I'm getting the same results
- can change anything in the contacts except CN - will produce the same
error like Evo.

Looks to me like there is problem in Openldap or Evo and GQ share the
same bug. Is someone else running Openldap 2.1.22 experiencing this
behavior?

Maybe we're talking about 2 different CNs - you about the CN rDN (i.e.
"bit") in the DN, me about the CN as subsidiary attribute. The CN rDN
cannot be changed in LDAPv3, the attribute can easily be changed.

My problem is that those two values (CN in DN and CN as subsidiary
attribute) cannot be different. When I try to change CN (as a subsidiary
attribute), I'm getting those error messages. When I update both, it's
fine, but that's possible only with GQ, not with Evo :(

Even tried to modify slapd.conf to

      access * by * write

as the only rule just to check the it's not because of  badly configured
ACL. But no change :(

GQ
  Error modifying entry 'cn=...': Naming violation
  Additional error: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry

SLAPD
    entry failed schema check: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry

If you read the openldap archives, this change (validating the naming
attributes) apparently went into the 2.1 code almost a year ago.  Odd
that there haven't been more complaints about it.

David: what Tony is saying is that if you have multiple CN's specified
(since it's a multivalued attribute), only the one that's specified in
the dn has to remain the same.  The others can change.  At least that's
how I read his mail.

Anyway, there are a couple possible solutions to the problem that I'm
working on, but nothing has been committed yet.

Chris