Re: [Evolution] LDAP + Evo update trouble

man, 26.04.2004 kl. 19.29 skrev Chris Toshok:

Even tried to modify slapd.conf to

    access * by * write

as the only rule just to check the it's not because of  badly configured
ACL. But no change :(

GQ
  Error modifying entry 'cn=...': Naming violation
  Additional error: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry

SLAPD
    entry failed schema check: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry

If you read the openldap archives, this change (validating the naming
attributes) apparently went into the 2.1 code almost a year ago.  Odd
that there haven't been more complaints about it.

David: what Tony is saying is that if you have multiple CN's specified
(since it's a multivalued attribute), only the one that's specified in
the dn has to remain the same.  The others can change.  At least that's
how I read his mail.

Anyway, there are a couple possible solutions to the problem that I'm
working on, but nothing has been committed yet.

Actually, I'd got things mixed up and posted wrong information, sorry. I
can confirm what David writes (Evo 1.4.5, GQ 1.0.b2, Openldap 2.2.11).
In fact, GQ will change the CN attribute if the rDN is changed
(ldap_modrdn2), but not if a change of the CN attribute alone is
attempted. What Evo needs to do, is a modrdn, not an attempt at a CN
attribute change. Funnily enough, Evo can search on multiple multi-value
CN attributes, but only shows a single one.

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl