[Evolution] Problems upgrading to evo 1.5 in Debian

Hi all:

I have been following the list for some months now and I decided to give
a try to evolution 1.5 in my Debian system. After upgrading Gnome and
GTK to the experimental packages and downloading evolution 1.5, I
shutdown my old evo 1.4 and run the new one, which started importing my
old data. The import crashed when importing the contact list, for unkown
reasons, so I decided to try to run it again. It seemed like evo 1.5
decided that it had finished importing everything so I found myself
without the data in my calendar, contact lists and tasks. Being an
engineer (sic.) I took the easy approach and after making a backup copy
of both evolution and .evolution directories, just in case, I erased the
.evolution dir and started evo1.5, hoping that it would understand that
it had to re-import everything... Much to my surprise, evo1.5 started
with all the previous state, the mail accounts configured and the
calendar empty (not counting the ximian entry, which is nice, but not so
useful to me now... ). I guess that all the configuration is stored in
some hidden obscure gconf file somewhere, but I would really like to
give a try to evo1.5. So, with the following system status:

- A backup copy of my ~/evolution dir, with all the info I want to keep
- A backup copy of ~/.evolution with what I guess is the evo1.5 info
- Evo1.4 working fine just with the ~/evolution dir in place and without
the ~/.evolution dir...
- All the gnome and gtk packages upgraded to experimental (I think so,
at least!)

... could a kind soul please tell me how to start evo1.5 so that it
imports properly all my data and mails?

Thanks for the help!
/Nacho