Re: [Evolution] Problem with pasted text

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 12:57, Seth Williamson wrote:
Thanks for this suggestion.  Unfortunately, pasting it via the menu
command makes no difference at all.  There's still that dotted line that
makes a box around the text, the solid bar down one side, etc.  I can't
find any way to just get it to paste in plain text without getting this
odd behavior as a consequence.  Very irritating...

Yes, it is.  And I've grouched about this on the list in the past. It
seems to happen when you reply to HTML formatted text with tables.  I
think it's because the mail editor is basically HTML based and it gets
confused about what is new text and old text when the new text appears
in the middle of an HTML structure.

Most 'valid' emails (i.e. non-spam!) have both text and html parts, so
one work around would be to allow you to choose which is used as the
quoted text.  It might be confusing, I admit, if the default was to
display html, but reply to text (as the text is often different), but it
might be nice to be able to choose!

Pete