Re: [Evolution] Default change in 1.5?

tor, 01.04.2004 kl. 18.09 skrev Brad Warkentin:

[Warning: vague, ramble down memory lane]

Think back, way back... to the days of ASCII email (ahhhh) and text
everything (when there really was a reason to live inside of Emacs to
get a windowing system on a VAX).... It was fairly common practise to
direct email cc folks you were replying to as it often got there way
faster than via the mailing list (back in the days of modem connections
on the "backbone"). Plus you might want to start a side discussion with
the person. Of course, it was also standard practise to indicate that
you had via a [replied to list and cc'ed] disclaimer at the top of your
reply.

Course I'm a lot younger than you, I'm only 16 (birthday was on the 29th
last) and don't remember none of that Vax e-mail stuff. My first
computer was a Tandy TRS-80 Model I. But anyone sending e-mail into my
inbox is doing that to me, private-like. Like coming into my home. I
don't do forcing and entering and don't expect it from others. If others
do that last, I don't take kindly to it, I give 'em the old heave-ho. I
respect all them as uses my front door knocker, not them what bursts
through the back one. P'ed off isn't the word.

--Tonni

1: Someone who signs himself Brad and uses cheers *must* come from the
antipodes
2: "G", please take note of the above object lesson in the use of the
South-Eastern English language.

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl