[Evolution] Re: Default change in 1.5?

What I was suggesting was to use a closed newsserver which requires a
login and password (registering would be no different to signing up to a
mailing list) and which only carries local groups which do not get
distributed to other newsservers. ... IMHO email should
be for messages intended specifically for me. Newsgroups are for general
discussions.

++vote.
I find mailing lists incredibly annoying and out of place. And don't agree
with the signal/noise ratio equalling mailing lists/newsgroup. It has more
to do with registration to non-registration, regardless of mailing list or
newsgroup. Infact this is a newsgroup AFAIK for a long time:
gmane.comp.evolution.general
And it does make sense to use a mailing list with a something like gmane
and it's authorisation policy ontop to keep pleased all parties.
Mick.

--
-- <BR/>
"The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." Lily Tomlin