Re: [Evolution] Re: Only 1 email adress possible in the TO: CC: AND BCC: fields? (Version 1.4.0)

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 10:09 +0200, Ole Arntzen wrote:
> From: Ernst Murnleitner <murlix awite de>
> To: evolution lists ximian com
> Date: 09 Sep 2003 15:00:48 +0200
> Subject: [Evolution] Only 1 email adress possible in the TO: CC: AND BCC: fields?
>  (Version 1.4.0)
>
> Dear readers,
>
> I cannot imagine that I am the first who sees this behaviour (in the
> last 3 months however I could not found a mail abou this problem):
>
> Since I changed from MS Outlook to Evolution, I continued to send emails
> to more than 1 person by separating the emial adresses with a semicolon
> (in the adress field). Only now I encountered, that only the first
> recipient was delivered. The receivers after the first ";" were ignored
> - and no error message was generated. This is ugly, as I thougt these
> people got my emails.
>
> Was this a bug and is it already solved. Is there any other separation
> allowed?
>
> Greetings
> Ernst

I have seen similar behaviour.  If I compose an email:

	To: user1 some domain user2 some domain

The email is sent to user1 some domain while user2 some domain is
silently stripped from the To field.

This must be a bug.  I don't care what the RFC says about how to set up
multiple recipients.  Evolution should either do what I expect it to do,
or give an error message.

No it isn't a bug, its how the ui is meant to work.

At most we could probably popup an annoying box telling you to fix it.