Re: [Evolution] Slow performance?
- From: Dan Winship <danw ximian com>
- To: Erik Hollensbe <belman marco aarg net>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Slow performance?
- Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:44:06 -0400
Have you tried another gtk theme?
I have this same problem. The problem is the speed of GTK+ 2, especially
on machines lower than 1ghz. It's much faster on FreeBSD (on a slower
system even) but linux users really get crapped on performance wise.
As someone else said, you definitely don't need 1GHz+ to avoid seeing
the redraw problems like in that screenshot. There's something wrong on
your Linux box. Does "top" show anything sucking up CPU time?
] [Thread Prev