[Evolution] newbie question: newsfeed does not work in evolution 1.4

Hello everybody,

I just started using evolution, trying out its
newsfeed capability. I could not find a answer
to my problem in the online resources, hence
I post my question here:
In the summary tab of evolution I get the
following message:

        Error downloading RDF:
        http://advogato.org/rss/articles.xml

Running evolution from bash (evolution-1.4)
leads to this error message:

(evolution-1.4:3712):
evolution-executive-summary-WARNING **:
Message failed: 3 Unable to resolve proxy hostname

(evolution starts - of course - anyway, and works as
it should, except for the newsfeed).

The proxy I use - set with gnome-network-preferences -
works fine with galeon. The proxy's hostname
is as follows (probably not much help, though):
        http://sww.stusta.mhn.de/proxy.pac

I am using ximian2 for suse8.2.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.