Re: [Evolution] email synchronisation

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 06:39, Tony Sequeira wrote:
 Hi all,

I have a desktop which uses Evo as the MUA.  I am installing Linux onm
an obsolete IBM thinkpad.  I am planning on using Evo on the laptop too.

However, I have no idea how to synchronise email (including accounts,
contacts and the like) between the 2 machines.  Any clues and/or ideas
gratefully accepted.

The mail files, etc. are just files.  If you accept different mail on
both machines, you'll have to find some special way to sychronize them,
but if you sync-the files, receive mail on *only* one, then
sync-the-files you could just use "rsync" to keep the files up to date
between the machines.

If you sync, receive mail on one, receive *other* mail on the other,
want-to-sync, you can't use the synchronize-the-containing-files
approach.  You'll have to come up with something more exotic, like
writing a program to extract mails from the files on both machines and
merge them.

Evolution does allow importing a mail, etc. file - perhaps that merges
duplicates.  I haven't tried it.

Cheers,
Bret