Re: [Evolution] Local folders

You should never run a program as root.  That's always a bad idea for
exploits.

That being said I'm not sure what you mean by "access to exactly the
same Local files when acting as root" do you mean mail, or calendars or
everything?

If you graphically log into root can you start a terminal and then type
#> su bill -c "evolution"

This should run evolution as your unprivileged user named bill.  You can
check if this is true or not by running `ps -aux` and seeing the user
name beside evlolution.  You can read the man page of `su` for more info
(`man su` from command line).

You should also set up sendmail or postfix to direct any mail that may
be for root to your underprivileged user though the alias file.  You'll
have to google for that, but usually it's in /etc/postfix/ or
/etc/aliases for sendmail (I think...)

HTH's
Chris