Re: [Evolution] Remove duplicates (one more try)

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 16:01, guenther wrote:

This won't work. You got two mails, cause Dan relied to all -- which is
common practice on this mailing list and some others.

Yes, of course.

The problem is, both mails are received by (partly) different SMTP
server. As the copy to you need at least one SMTP server less than the
copy sent to the mailing list, the personal copy will hit your mail
account *first*. Now, pruning the second mail will be very inconvenient
for any mailing list: Filtering won't work for them anymore!

Ah, but this isn't what I had in mind. I don't want this dupe-checking
to occur recieve-time, but when requested by the user.

Two possible solutions with selection from menu:

        a) Find messages with equal msg-id's in current folder
        b) Find messages with equal msg-id's in all folders

Both should display those who are duplicates, and user can select
manually which to kill.

I find it strange not more people are crying out for this feature.

Sylpheed-claws has implemented this, I see now:
http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/en/manual/manual-6.html: «Delete
duplicated messages: This will remove messages from the active folder
that were sent twice to you. For example you received a message directly
and through a mailing list at the same time.».

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, http://www.grimstveit.no/~jakob, +47 48298152