Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.5 SMTPS / STARTTLS question

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 16:35, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
it doesn't lock it forever.

Well, maybe not forever, but several minutes at least. I didn't waited
until the end, thus, I removed the mail from my outbox folder before :)

anyways, maybe I can change it to try things differently if a port was
specifically specified. but that won't really help if the port specified
is not the smtp/s nor normal smtp port. since this same things will

I agree. I suppose also that giving the ability to the end user to
choose between both method isn't necessarily a good idea, since it might
confuse him.

I'd really like to know what mozilla and/or other clients that support
both ways do. find that out for me and I'll hack something up.

Sure, I'll do some tests with Mozilla/Outlook/Kedit and see how they

I'll come back to you shortly.

Thanks !