Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.5 SMTPS / STARTTLS question

out of curiosity, what do other mail clients do (well, ones that support
both methods of using SSL)? Do they connect to 25 first and try
STARTTLS? or port 465?

I don't know exactly; However I've no problem with Outlook / Mozilla
users. The only problem I noticed was with Evolution; but both Mozilla /
Outlook gives you the opportunity to choose a port number for SMTP, so I
suppose they choose what method to use depending on the port number.

Evolution lets you do this too... you could specify "servername:25" for
the hostname, although I'm not sure exactly how it will behave in this
case. It might try to first do SMTPS on port 25, fail, and then try
SMTP+STARTTLS.

-- Dan