Re: [Evolution] evolution features query

Guenther,

Thanks a lot - you have indeed cleared several issues for me! Here's the bit that's left:

? can't outgoing mail be saved to folders much like incoming mail?

AFAIK there is only the way of using outgoing Filters. About the
auto-handling: It is just as automated as sorting incoming mails...

This is quite horrible.
In pine you had an extra header line on every outgoing mail where you could choose which folder the mail went
to (sent/specific/nowhere).
This makes a lot more sense to me than forcing one to have only auto-filters :(
(btw pine would allow you to attach a default folder per recipient name, but you could change that per e-mail)

I currently find this the single bothering short-coming of evolution :-(
Any idea anyone whether this is going to be addressed at some point?
Anywhere I should file a request at?

? I have a work machine and a home machine sitting on ADSL.
  Can I have them share the calender and address book and have only a single
  copy on the work machine?

You can not share them, but you can sync them. Please see the ongoing,
large discussion started some days ago.

Sorry, I dunno what you mean by the "single copy".

I have only one mailbox - my work one.
I was hoping to hold a single file of contacts, and a single calender on my work machine, and have my home
machine access and modify these - much as my home machine handles the mail sitting on my work machine from
home.

I'll read through that thread later today.

Evolution 1.4.x runs fine on Mandrake 9.1 -- cause Mandrake 9.1 ships
with Gnome 2.2 and the included Evolution 1.2 is one of the last
remaining Gnome 1 apps.

pleasent surprise!
just to make sure - if i upgrade the rpm from 1.2 to 1.4  none of my preferences gets clobbered. right?
(ill also check the bi-dir then..)

Thx,
-Gil

PS

? I've tried with no luck to import my pine addressbook.

Here's what I was doing wrong:
I have no mail on my home machine.
I copied the addressbook file from my work machine
to home and then tried to import that.
Only when I renamed it to the exact name used by pine (.addressbook) was the file auto-detected, and pulled
in without a hitch.
The kind folks may want to beef up the documentation a bit there..

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br>  http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.