[Evolution] importing contacts from a plain-text file

Hi,

I'm using Evolution (1.2.2) to read email sent to my yahoo account (via
pop3 / fetchmail / sendmail).

I've got all of my contacts from my Yahoo mail in a plain-text format;
is there an easy way of importing this into Evolution's Contacts format
without having to add each address manually (the file is tab-separated
at the moment but easy enough to convert it into some other plain-text
format via standard Unix tools)

cheers

Jules