Re: [Evolution] Synchronising laptop and desktop evolutions

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 19:26, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
I have decided to drop multisync, and in casting about have run across
references to imap.

I'm not sure whether imap is an option at all. As far as I do
understand, the thing with imap is that all mail is permanently stored
on the server and nothing really gets to the client. Thus, if you are in
your LAN, you can access the mail on your stationary server. But as soon
as you pull the plug from the laptop, you wouldn't have a single message
to deal with. And if you fetch mail on the road onto your laptop, you
won't get that to your stationary.

I may be wrong, please correct me if so.

Regs
Lars

--
LarsWeissflog