Re: [Evolution] Synchronising laptop and desktop evolutions

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 15:06, Eric N. Valor wrote:
I have a similar setup.  What I do is set the Evolution client on my
laptop to "Leave Mail on Server" whenever it checks.  Then when I get
home and use my desktop system, the messages are still waiting at the
POP server.  I see duplicates, but that's OK.

Before I go anywhere with the laptop, I just either scp or rsync the
local/ sub-folder from desktop to laptop to pick up any changes since
the last time I used the laptop.

The only drawback is that mail I send from the laptop gets destroyed.  I
suppose I could work some sort of back-sync, but I'm really not that
worried about it (I like to CC: myself on anything important anyway).

you can use unison for back syncing, it keeps two systems completely in sync you can even make changes on either server.