Re: [Evolution] Problem with debian mixed system

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 14:29, Ben Edwards wrote:

I have been running a Debian mixed system (testing/unstable) mainly to
get a recent version of evolution.

I did just the same, for the same reason, and never encountered big
problems. Can you explain in more details what's happening?

  I am currently running 1.4.5 and it
seems that the version in Debian Testing is only evolution 1.0.5-1.

1.0.5 is in stable, as you can expect, while at the moment I don't see
any package in testing. Please note that 1) Evolution depends on a lot
of Gnome packages, so it cannot be upgraded until all of them are, and
2) new Gnome packages are entering the Debian repositories right now, so
it's kind of a turbulent time in unstable.

Have you tried apt-get -t unstable install evolution ?
If it doesn't remove any of your preferred software you are probably
fine.

Another thing: have you installed in the past Debian packages by Ximian?

--
Alessio Bragadini <alessio albourne com>
APL Financial Services (Overseas) Ltd