Re: [Evolution] 1.2.4, can't change sent mail folder

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 14:09, guenther wrote:
Also tried changing the sent-folder value to a new folder, disabling the
account before editing it, and clicking reset defaults before attempting
to change anything.

so, failing any ideas on this problem, does anyone know of a way to
manually generate the hex-encoded UTF-8 strings for config.xmldb so that
I can insert the value that I want into the file?

Jack, as you know, I fired all my ideas previously on "the other"
mailing list. However, I can provide you with that string:

~/evolution/config.xmldb
<section path="/Mail/Accounts">
<entry name="account_sent_folder_uri_X" type="string" value="VALUE">

The 'X' is the account number, according to the row in your Settings
(starting by 0). Set 'VALUE' to a hex decoded string for the Sent
folder.

Resetting to the default would be the actual directory of your
~/evolution/local/Sent folder and thus likely:
 file:///home/jack/evolution/local/Sent

file://home/             66696c653a2f2f2f686f6d652f

discrepancy here between // or ///, but it doesn't matter because
neither works :-)

jack/                    6a61636b2f
evolution/local/Sent     65766f6c7574696f6e2f6c6f63616c2f53656e74

Of course, make that hex code one contiguous string and adjust the
'jack' part if needed... HTH

...guenther

So, I've now tried constructing the proper string via hex codes and
manually inserting it into config.xlmdb -- thanks Guenther for the tips.
However, upon restarting Evolution, going to the account, and looking at
Defaults > Sent, it says "select a folder." Selecting any folder of
course resets the value to the default of "Sent in Local Folders".

My request: Can any one else using evolution 1.2.4 or 1.2.4[1.1mdk]
reproduce this behavior? Simple create a new account, server type none,
go to defaults and change the Sent mail folder to any other folder.
Click OK, then go back to tools > accounts > test account > Defaults >
sent Mail and see if it stuck or is back to the default.

If it can be reproduced in any 1.2.4 install, I'll file a bug under
ximian, but if it's Mandrake specific I'll file the bug under Mandrake.

thanks,
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...