Re: [Evolution] Offline IMAP support in Evolution ?

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 05:27, Daryl Manning wrote:
I just wanted to check as I don't have a copy of evolution handy, but
one of the bug bears a lot of people here have had with working with
Outlook 2000 is the IMAP offline mode, especially as we have so many
laptop/mobile users.

Wish I had better news for you, but I don't. Evolution isn't (yet) that
great for offline IMAP.

I'm assuming Evolution 1.2.2 caches attachments as well as messages in
IMAP offline mode.

Evolution only downloads new messages in offline mode. It does download
attachments--but you can't get to messages you've already read while
offline--only new messages.

Real bummer, because otherwise Evolution's IMAP support is great--I've
found it way easier to use than Outlook, far more stable, and all around
better--until you go offline.

Also, moving folders in offline mode is not supported in Outlook 2000
which is a large pain for most of our people. Is it supported in
Evolution 1.2.2 ?

Nope. Or if it is, I haven't been able to get it to work.

I'd love to be wrong--can anyone else provide more info on offline IMAP
in Evolution? My impression is--it's under development for a future
release.

For now, when it's time to hit the road, I go back to Mozilla.

Cheers,

--
John Locke
http://freelock.com