Re: [Evolution] sending emails via perl to evolution

We have a club and would like to send out reminders to members by
email using a perl script. Please can someone either
a) point me in the direction where I can find out how to write the
script or
b) give a sample script
so that they are sent to evolution outbox to be sent out when I dial
out.
I have used mail and sent the message to Mutt and pine but I would
like to make evolution my default mailer.

PS I am still using version 1.0.8

I am not sure (especially about 1.0.8), but AFAIK that is not really
implemented or planned. Automated mails do not belong to a Mail User
Agent...

However, there are some possibilities:

sendmail -- Script generated mails do not belong to your GUI MUA.
Scripts do it on their own. You can setup sendmail to only send the
mails, when connected...

Evolution: I fooled around with the Outbox months ago and it was
possible to generate a mail and just append it to the Outbox.
Send/Receive had flushed these mails. I know it worked -- could not
reproduce that on 1.3.3 by my quick test right now, though.

There are methods to trigger the Evo Composer, but I cannot find those
right now in my archives. That really would require at least running
Evo, and likely typing the message yourself -- so not an option.

HTH at least a bit...

...guenther

PS: What holds you off from updating? Evo 1.2.x (and the beta 1.3.x)
really is worth the update.