[Evolution] evolution 1.2.4 slow

re: message 12 from last digest...
Slow performance is what I observe with Evo 1.3.3.ximian, too. Not
deathly slow, but I really hope that is due to the devel release.

It ain't been bad going for a day without email, but two days - well,
it's impacting my biz at this point...

Well, use Evo 1.2.4 then...

Don't bother with 1.2.4 to increase speed!
I thought it was just me till I read the above. I run stock Mandrake9.1
and evolution 1.2.4 mdk and its so slow its painful. I have just
replaced (not upgraded) Mandrake9.0 and evolution 1.0.8 which was
acceptable. But now there is around 4 seconds delay when clicking on
"forward" or "reply".

While I type this I'm frequently ahead of the cursor, then the text
"appears". Applications like Openoffice work perfectly so I can't see my
P4 1.6gig, 512ram box being too slow or overtaxed. Not much else is
running. Makes no difference whether i'm in Kde or Gnome.

My "contacts" folder displays intermittently when I click the "to" or
"Cc" buttons while composing an email. I copied the contents into a
"contactsnew" and it works, so it looks like it didn't upgrade my old
list very well. (I copied my old list, ran killev as per docs).

Autocomplete doesn't work like it did in 1.0.8.

I also tried replacing the "mdk" Evolution with ximian rpms etc, but its
no better. Going back to 1.0.8 looks like a deal of trouble, i'll have
to use old gtkhtml etc or maybe recompile it from src...dunno yet. But
sorting through 100+ emails like this is misery.