[Evolution] Evolution and Slackware 9.0?

Whew, another question!
Thanks to Dan Stromberg for giving me some hints as to where to get the
right (v1.2.3) version of evolution :)

Now does anyone know if Evolution will be able to work with Slackware
9.0? I want to try out Slackware but they just moved to Gnome 2.2 and I
do not see where Gnome 1.4 is still in there. (This is, of course,
needed for Evolution, GIMP 1.2.x [at least as far as GTK libs are
concerned] and Galeon the web browser, all of which I use a lot.)

Or has anyone pondered integrating Gnome 1.4 into Slack 9.0 to coexist
with Gnome 2.2 (to get Evo working)?

I don't suppose a fully featured GTK2 version of Evo is floating around?

Thanks again for the world's most powerful email app (measured, of
course, by features x security)!

-- Steve