Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3.1 - cannot access the ximian evolution shell

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 07:27, Muralikrishnan B wrote:
 Lonnie Borntreger <email borntreger com>:

Check /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml (or
where-ever
that file is on your system) for a line that looks like:
<item>/opt/Evolution2/lib/bonobo/servers</item>

Replace /opt/Evolution2 with the prefix that Evo 1.3 is installed
to.

Thanks a million for the tip. It works !!! YEEAAAH !
Evolution 1.3.1 is good. Finally I guess I hv my Gnome2.2 transition
complete !

One small issue with it ... It refused understand that gtkhtml was
installed in the same path as evolution 1.3.1. Kept looking at some
other path & telling me that it cant find gnome-gtkhtml-editor-3.0
even though it is complied & installed (custom path is there in $PATH)
when I try to open a compose window.

Had to symlink gnome-gtkhtml-editor-3.0 in /opt/gnome_cvs/bin/ to
/usr/bin for that to work.

Hope to posting stuff on Evo 1.3.1 which can of use to the Developers
& Users

I've got the same problem. I went so far as putting /opt/bin in my
/etc/profile, but it still refuses to launch gnome-gtkhtml-editor-3.0 if
it's not in /usr/bin. A symlink took care of that though I am left
wondering what's going on. Oh, and since I didn't spend enough time
complaining about it in my last post, my keybindings are being ignored.
That's been my one huge complaint with the majority of Gnome 2 apps
since day 1. They swallow up your key preferences and give you whatever
they want you to have.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837