Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3.1 - cannot access the ximian evolution shell

 Lonnie Borntreger <email borntreger com>:

Check /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml (or
where-ever
that file is on your system) for a line that looks like:
<item>/opt/Evolution2/lib/bonobo/servers</item>

Replace /opt/Evolution2 with the prefix that Evo 1.3 is installed to.

Thanks a million for the tip. It works !!! YEEAAAH !
Evolution 1.3.1 is good. Finally I guess I hv my Gnome2.2 transition complete !

One small issue with it ... It refused understand that gtkhtml was installed in the same path as evolution
1.3.1. Kept looking at some other path & telling me that it cant find gnome-gtkhtml-editor-3.0 even though it
is complied & installed (custom path is there in $PATH) when I try to open a compose window.

Had to symlink gnome-gtkhtml-editor-3.0 in /opt/gnome_cvs/bin/ to /usr/bin for that to work.

Hope to posting stuff on Evo 1.3.1 which can of use to the Developers & Users

rgds
-- mkb
Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
Know more at http://mail.sify.com

Sify Power mail- a Premium Service from Sify Mail!
know more at http://mail.sify.com