[Evolution] smtp encryption

David Woodhouse should find this familiar :-)

Evo uses TLSv1:RC4-MD5:128 encryption to authorize and send mail to my
smtp server (obviously I have to configure it to use encryption first -
and in my case CRAM-MD5 AUTH).

My smtp server uses TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168 data encryption
point-to-point to Sourceforge's smtp list server.

Mozilla uses TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256 encryption to my smtp server, AUTH
PLAIN.

So my smtp server is capable of far greater security than Evo uses.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against RC4-MD5 128-bit encryption.
Normally it won't easily be broken. But there's an enormous difference
between it and the other two (especially Mozilla's).

Is there any particular reason why Ximian keeps on with the relatively
old RC4 128-bit encryption?

Best,

Tony

--