Re: [Evolution] Hello Ximian? Where is Evo 1.3.1?

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 17:53, D. D. Brierton wrote:
It's roughly 24 hours since Ettore's announcement came out. The release
notes say that it's available via Red Carpet and FTP. However, nothing
has shown up on Red Carpet (Mandrake 8.2), and poking around your FTP
site I can only see packages for Red Hat 8.0.

So, I take it that you're entirely opposed to thinking, huh?  Looking at
the website, it's pretty clear that the new preview release of Evolution
-requires- GNOME 2.  That is, it's based on the GNOME 2 technologies and
libraries.  Given that Ximian doesn't have a GNOME 2 desktop product
released, I would be very surprised if there were packages for any
distribution that doesn't ship with GNOME 2.  If you're not yet running
GNOME 2, then you are at least 8 months out of date.  I'd be
disappointed if Ximian wasted time trying to shoehorn GNOME 2.0 onto old
distributions just for the sake of having Evolution snapshots.  If they
choose to support older distributions as part of their Ximian GNOME
Desktop, more power too them.
Cranky old phart,
        Greg