Re: [Evolution] Evolution and time handling

This presumes that your system has 'netdate', mine doesn't - I use
'rdate' each time I log on to the Internet, use my ISP's timeserver..

All of what follows is brilliant for those permanently connected to the
Internet, useless for laptop/notebook people. xntpd is a utility
designed to slew clocks gradually over hours, not to step them.

I have used chrony for a few months using a dial-up connection and I
highly recommend it (mostly because it is *really* easy to set up,
unlike ntp).  All you have to do is set the time roughly right and
chrony will do the rest.

Cheers,
Raphael