Re: [Evolution] Evolution and time handling
- From: Raphael Clifford <raphael clifford net>
- To: Tony Earnshaw <tonni billy demon nl>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution and time handling
- Date: 11 Mar 2003 10:01:37 +0000
This presumes that your system has 'netdate', mine doesn't - I use
'rdate' each time I log on to the Internet, use my ISP's timeserver..
All of what follows is brilliant for those permanently connected to the
Internet, useless for laptop/notebook people. xntpd is a utility
designed to slew clocks gradually over hours, not to step them.
I have used chrony for a few months using a dial-up connection and I
highly recommend it (mostly because it is *really* easy to set up,
unlike ntp). All you have to do is set the time roughly right and
chrony will do the rest.
] [Thread Prev