Re: [Evolution] Evolution and time handling

tir, 2003-03-11 kl. 02:58 skrev melissa davis:

I had a similar difficulty with KDE.  Here are some things you can try:
    - set the hardware time to UTC and tell KDE the hardware clock is
UTC.  That worked on a couple of my systems.

    - best thing is in a terminal, su to root, and issue %hostname%#
/usr/sbin/netdate "timeserver".  For time server, list the DNS name or
IP address of a Stratum clock close to you.  Stratum One servers that
are open to boot time Stratum One hardware sets for Linux include:
192.4.41.40 (tic.navy.mil - but use the IP address), 192.5.41.41
(tock.navy.mil), and Tick.gpsclock.com (use the DNS name because the IP
addresses change.

This presumes that your system has 'netdate', mine doesn't - I use
'rdate' each time I log on to the Internet, use my ISP's timeserver..

All of what follows is brilliant for those permanently connected to the
Internet, useless for laptop/notebook people. xntpd is a utility
designed to slew clocks gradually over hours, not to step them.

Best,

Tony
--

     - then set up xntp with the files in /etc (hostname# touch
/etc/ntp.conf /etc.ntp.keys /etc/ntp.drift /var/log/ntp).  Locate two or

Be a good netizen and don't use a Stratum One server.  They discipline
Stratum Two Servers.  You don't need to be that accurate, at least not
on a laptop function.  a Stratum 2 will give you 1*10^-10 variance, good
enough for an OC-48 link.

Now if the good folk at Evolution would let us have a header file as
well as a signature, we could tell the MicroScheiss users that we are on
GMT and not to spam us with emails that our emails are arriving five
hours before they are sent (because we are GMT).

if you have any trouble, I will send you copies of my config files.

melissa