Re: [Evolution] SpamAssassin with Evolution

It actually depends on how your account is setup to weather .forward is
called or not... if the mail is already local and you are just reading
the mail spool then no it isn't called, but if you are doing a fetch of
some kind like pop then it will get called when the mail handed to your
local MTA... whatever that might be.  As I learned last week postfix
will recognize that you have .procmailrc file and there is no need for a
.forward file, but then if you have sendmail you need to invoke procmail
by using a .forward.

1) If you are using sendmail, and have smrsh enabled procmail has to
have a link to the correct smrsh directory to allow procmail to run.

2) To test weather procmail is actually working on your receipts, tail
the log file which you have enabled, if there is header information
going through there, then procmail is working.

2a) You can add a new rule on top of the SA rule to see the messages
going through... something like:
:0h:
| grep * ^Subject: *
{ SUBJECT=$MATCH }
DATE=`date +"%m/%d/%y %H:%M"`
nada=`echo $DATE $SUBJECT >> ~/email-subjects`

Its stupid, but it will give you a file with the date received and the
subject of every message going through procmail in a file is the mail
getting to procmail.

3) Remove the size limitation from your rule for testing, to make sure
the mail is getting to SA.

4) Have you tried running the mail through SA by hand?  Does it add the
proper headers?

Just a suggestion, using spamc/spamd will actually improve your timings
on your mail after the first couple cache up the information.  Running
spamassassin as a stand alone app is very cpu/memory intensive.
At least spamc/spamd remove some of the load time into the spamd daemon
which runs in the background rather than getting invoked with perl
everytime.