Re: [Evolution] truoble enabling spell checking w/ evo 1.2.2

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 21:15, NIck Jones wrote:
Here goes, have mercy on a linux newb

I'm using Evolution 1.2.2 under SuSE 8.1 and am having a lot of
difficulty configuring evoulution to spell check email.  I followed
the instructions contained in the support database at ximian's
website.  The instructions make perfect sense; "open a new browser
window, click edit, go to properties ->misc, enter language prefix . .
.ok, pretty straight forward.  However when I click on edit and search
for a properties tab contained therein, no such button entitled
"properties" exists.

When I try to configure settings through the tools ->settings ->
composer prefs. no dictionary is available there as well.

I strongly suspect that I have completely overlooked something.

If anyone can please shed some light on this (such as, how to properly
install a dictionary), I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

--
NIck Jones <njones1922 earthlink net>

I have no idea what you are referring to about opening a browser ...
etc.

In order to get Evolution 1.2.2 working on the SuSE 8.1 computer that we
have here:
- went to ftp.ximian
- downloaded the SuSE 8.1 rpm (all excepting the devel and pilot
packages which are not required for OUR setup)
- install the rpm's
- run SuSEconfig (as root)
- Evolution works, spell check and all.

To get Evolution (a gnome program) to work well with SuSE 8.1, you
should also go to the ximian ftp at SuSE 8.0, download and install the
control center rpm.

Things for you to check:
- did you get ALL the rpm's from the ftp location
- particularly aspell, aspell-en, gnome-spell and pspell
- were all the dependencies resolved
- after installing all the rpm's did you run SuSEconfig as root

Once Evolution is up and running -> Tools -> Composer Preference ->
Spell Checking and enable the languages that you want to use for spell
checking.  Done.

HTH

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
rsanford telusplanet net   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01