Re: [Evolution] Outbox problem

Yes, it acts exactly as if it were connected, but it's not.  So
the mail moves from Outbox to Sent but never actually gets
sent.  No mail servers are reachable when this happens.

I'm using sendmail, which might be the problem.  Maybe
I'll switch to SMTP and see how that does.

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 12:04, guenther wrote:
cheers();

> When working offline (disconnected from the Lan and modem,
> but haven't clicked the Offline button in the lower-left corner)
> when I compose mail messages and hit Send, it places the
> messages in the Outbox.  But after a couple of seconds they're
> moved into the Sent box.

That smells like the normal behavior with a connection. The messages
stays in Outbox, until it is properly sent. After that it goes to Sent
folder.

> When I then connect and do a Send/Receive, these messages
> don't get sent.  This seems to be a new phenomenom.  It
> used to keep them in the Outbox until I connected.

What are you using for outgoint mail: SMTP server on the (external)
internet or sendmail?

If the (local) SMTP server or sendmail is reachable, that would be
right.

Does the mail gets sent to the recipient?

> Anyone seen this problem or know a fix for it?  Does Evo expect
> me to click the Offline button in these cases?

Never tried that, not at least by accident. When I am in offline mode,
the sent mail stays in Outbox.

...guenther