Re: [Evolution] shell command filter not sending message?

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 11:42, guenther wrote:
cheers();

"Pipe to shell command" filter criterion pipes the mail via stdin. The
"Shell command" filter action doesn't.

Well then ... that's a crapper. :(

Maybe a solution to that:

I suppose, 'if all criteria are met' will go through all the criteria in
the specified order and stop at the first false. So a solution would be
pure programmers logic:

  if ( i == 1 && ++i )
    cout << " i was 1 and now is 2 ";

Just define all criteria, that have to be met and as a last criteria set
'pipe message to shell command'. That will execute the command only,
when all other criteria are met. Action is void, so is the return status
of that shell command. ;-)

That should do the job, although it is not obvious for non programmers.

I thought about that, but didn't know if evo filtering could do the
trick that way. I have a lot of filters, so I don't think stopping on
false would work to well for me. ;)

I've got the script logging when it is called. It does get called. It
isn't a shell script, it is a python script.

So what do you expect is interpreting the shebang line, if not a shell?
#!/usr/bin/python

I know how that works, I just wanted to be clear in the event that the
mechanism was not set up to run non-shell scripts, like you mention:

I really assume, 'shell script' even could be 'wine msoffice'... >:->

I've seen somewhere int he archives that command arguments do not get
passed (and had verified that is true), so there may have been a "odd"
way of doing it. I'd really like to have a filter *action* that I could
pipe the message to. This, I believe, would also aid spamassassin
integration.

Though now that I know how the filtering works, I can finally have evo
filter out crap that has the same sender as recipient. I think that
should be a standard filter condition: if to == cc since those
conditions nearly always represent spam in my experience. :/

Bill
(BTW, when I do a reply-to-list on this, it winds up being the same as
reply-all :( if the list is not in the to: this seems to be the case but
I guess that's a separate issue. ;^) )

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773