[Evolution] shell command filter not sending message?

I'm about to start playing with shell commands for certain filters. Not
knowing for sure, but taking a WAG, I figured Evo would send the message
via the command's stdin. After making a simple python script that only
reads mail in from stdin and writes it to another file, and it failing i
looked in the archives. I see that Evo is supposed to send the message
via stdin, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I use this same "test" script for other apps that send to stdin, and it
works fine there, so I know the script is fine (and I can run it
interactively and it works, taking stdin and printing it to the file).
Any ideas?

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773