RE: [Evolution] Evolutiuon 1.4 unusable :(

On 26 Jun 2003, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:
We have here a major upgrade of underlying libraries, and yet we have a
product that's *more* stable than 1.2.4.99 ever was.  And you
*complain*?  How much did you pay for this?

For a package like evolution I would gladly pay about $1000, as long
as it is free. For a proprietary program like Outlook I would not
give a cent (OK, Outlook is also running on the wrong OS of course..).

Evolution solves one fundamental problem in the GNU/Linux environment,
that is to be able to handle a lot of email accounts in a consistent
way and also allows for e.g virtual folders, which is great.

A few years ago I had plans to start a project like this myself,
because I needed some way to handle all my accounts and I wanted
virtual folders.

Evolution has an excellent contact database and the planning part
like task management and even the weather :) I take as a great bonus
(even though I've not started to use the planner yet).

When you have found a nice piece of software like this, and started
loving it, then you get sad and annoyed when an important feature
like the emacs editing style in the composer stops working in a new
release. This was the reason for my complains. If I hadn't liked
evolution in the first place, I hadn't complained.

        Best regards
        Roland Orre