Re: [Evolution] 1.6 nominations

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 09:23, David Johnston wrote:
On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 11:27, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 16:57, Miroslaw Sankowski wrote:
I believe that in-line PGP is one of the most missing features
of Evolution.

This will continue to remain a low priority, unfortunate for some,
irrelevent for others.

But ... a new plugin system (at least for camel) will possibly make
it very easy for someone else to contribute some functionality here

Inline PGP would be nice, a way to pipe to an external verify script
would do the job, too..

2. News reading.

We'd like to, but I doubt we'll have the resources to do this and still
find enough time to eat, sleep, etc.  We might poke at it from time to
time, but its gonna be a bug marked as "contrib" for the foreseeable
future.
This is a good thing in my book.  There are plenty of good newsreaders
out there.  More importantly, I don't read news the way I read email and
so don't want the same things in the UI.  For example, I keep almost all
of my email, but almost never keep anything I read in news.

My only complaints with Evolution as an email client are speed (it takes
a long time to do some things) and a few minor quirks (for example,
filters with multiple actions often only execute the first action).

this suggests that your 'action' logic is incorrect. My guess is that
you are moving a message and then trying to change the colour or
something?

if that is the effect you want, then you need to have Move as your last
action. The filoter actions *do not* follow the message wherever it
goes, it just applies it to the folder being filtered, not the
destination folder.

let me try to give a "graphical" demo:

filter actions:
- set score
- move to My Inbox
- set colour

given the above rules, here is how they are applied:

POP folder            My Inbox
----------            --------
- set score
- move message        - a copy of the message
                        is now here, with the
                        new score value
- set colour

notice that the rules are *only* applied to the 'POP folder', not to 'My
Inbox'. Moving a message does not change the target.

Jeff

Thanks for the great work!
--
Jeffrey Stedfast