Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4, winmail.dat and either gtnef or tnef?

My reading of the gtnef files from Gnome CVS shows this to be dated
2001, whereas at SourceForge, the version of tnef there is as of April
2003.

Logic would dictate using the more recent version, but I am unsure as to
whether the gnome CVS version is intended to be "more gnome specific",

Yes, gtnef is supposed to integrate with Evolution so that you can make
tnef attachments be automatically decoded and displayed inline. But it
was never ported to GNOME 2.

You can still use the plain "tnef" program to decode tnef attachments
after saving them to disk. And/or you can either update gtnef or
convince someone else to. :)

-- Dan