[Evolution] Evolution 1.4, winmail.dat and either gtnef or tnef?

Hi all,

I did some searching of the list archives using Google and noted
pointers to gtnef and tnef, which are intended to decode winmail.dat,
which is generated by MS based mailers (ie. Outlook).

A question: which do I use with Evolution 1.4?

My reading of the gtnef files from Gnome CVS shows this to be dated
2001, whereas at SourceForge, the version of tnef there is as of April
2003.

Logic would dictate using the more recent version, but I am unsure as to
whether the gnome CVS version is intended to be "more gnome specific",
whereas the SF version is not. In neither case are any instructions
provided that I could see relative to actual use, so operationally, I am
unclear.

Are they simply intended to be "transparent"?

TIA for any clarification.

Marc