[Evolution] 1.4: Browser to use for http URL in Mails?

hi,

I run Evolution 1.4 on a Gnome 2.3 system (Gentoo Linux)

In earlier versions of evolution I could click on a link in a mail and
Galeon would open and load the URL

Now nothing happens: I get this error in the console:

(evolution:8603): evolution-mail-WARNING **: gnome_url_show: The default
action does not support this protocol.

and then sometimes Evo just hangs there, sometimes Evo returns and
issues 2 more messages:

(evolution:8603): EBook-WARNING **: e_book_load_uri: Unable to determine
protoco l in the URI

(evolution:8603): EBook-WARNING **: e_book_unload_uri: No URI is loaded!

any ideas what might be wrong?

I have no longer Galeon on the system instead I use Epiphany now.
I set Epiphany as the default browser in control panel but that did not
help

thanks
Jens

--