[Evolution] Re: Duplicate Emails

Jeff - it's actually not a patience issue.  I've let Evolution sit and
wait for over an hour before killing the process.  You're not really
going to tell me that I'm SUPPOSED to have to wait that long, are you?
Sorry, it's not as simple as you suggest.

Regards,
JP

Changing the code to send DELE after each RETR command to the POP server
would not change anything since this guy is killing evolution before it
sends the QUIT command. The way POP works as the the DELE flags are
forgotten if the server does not receive a QUIT command, hence you solve
nothing by doing things your way unles you plan on sending the QUIT
command after each message fetch and then reconnecting :-)

Besides, Evolution keeps a transaction log so that if a download is
cancelled or interrupted in some way, the next time it connects it knows
that it has already fetched those messages.

The reason it didn't work for this guy was that he killed evo before it
got a chance to write that file to disk.

There's nothing we can do if users are going to be impatient.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.