Re: [Evolution] hotkey conflict

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 13:13, guenther wrote:
Sounds like a bug, but you can just do Control-A Control-K instead.

That's how it sounds to me, too.

A lot of the entries in menu Edit are weird. Why is Search Message not
triggered by S? Same for R: not used, but two Read entries...

In Evolution 1.2, I used to mark all files as read with alt-E E, but now
that doesn't work because "Search Message..." and "Mark All as Read"
both use the "E" hotkey, so they just toggle. To get around it, I have
to alt-E, then mouse-click the one I want which defeats the purpose of a
hotkey.

Is there a way to reconfigure these hotkeys? I couldn't find a
configuration file in the evolution directory.

Monte,

as root got to directory /usr/share/evolution/1.4/ui/ and change in the
file evolution-mail-message.xml the appropriate entry (in fact, just
switch the _ char):

 <menuitem name="MessageSearch" verb="" _label="_Search Message..."/>

That works, thanks!

Those changes won't survive updates, so keep them in mind.

... but it would eventually if fixed in CVS? ;-)

Monte