Re: [Evolution] hotkey conflict

You know, some window managers out there actually do a pretty good job
with hotkeys.  Wouldn't it be great if all of the Gnome/Ximian apps
stored all of their hot key assignments in a single file, say
~/.keybindings?  It should be smart enough to allow dynamic changing of
the menus' display of the accelerator keys as well.  That is, if you
make a hotkey change, the underlined letter in the menu is also changed
(or if the key combination is displayed in the menu, it shows the
correct <i>updated</i> shortcut).  It should also allow for certain
global key assignments (cut, copy, paste), but also allow for override
in specific applications, if desired.  *sigh*

For hotkey launching of applications, take a look at xbindkeys on
freshmeat
http://www.osdn.com/osdnsearch.pl?site=all&query=xbindkeys&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&Submit=Go
it even works with my micro$oft keyboard and the special hotkey buttons
on the top.

Skip