Re: [Evolution] Cannot Syncronize Handspring Visor Deluxe and Evolution 1.2.2 (SuSE 8.2)

Am Mit, 2003-06-11 um 17.02 schrieb Thomas Maeder:

I am using Evolution 1.2.4; in gnomecc I have configured it to use
/dev/pilot, which is a symbolic link to /dev/ttyUSB1. When I hit the
Hotsync button on the USB cable, I get

gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

I got the same Gtk-Warning (cannot open display), when I started
gpilotd.

Finally, when I got it run on my computer, I had made some changes so I
do not exactly know what was the reason that it did not work before:

I made a "chmod 777 /dev/pilot" and "chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB1", and
upgraded to evolution 1.4 (here I had some problems with installation:
su on the console did not work but if I logged in as root it worked).

Syncronizing does only work, if the "Pilot Einstellungen..." (Pilot
Settings?) Dialog is open.

Greetings,
Ernst