Re: [Evolution] Cannot Syncronize Handspring Visor Deluxe and Evolution 1.2.2 (SuSE 8.2)

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:57, Ernst Murnleitner wrote:
Am Mit, 2003-06-11 um 17.02 schrieb Thomas Maeder:

I am using Evolution 1.2.4; in gnomecc I have configured it to use
/dev/pilot, which is a symbolic link to /dev/ttyUSB1. When I hit the
Hotsync button on the USB cable, I get

gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

I got the same Gtk-Warning (cannot open display), when I started
gpilotd.

Finally, when I got it run on my computer, I had made some changes so I
do not exactly know what was the reason that it did not work before:

I made a "chmod 777 /dev/pilot" and "chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB1", and
upgraded to evolution 1.4 (here I had some problems with installation:
su on the console did not work but if I logged in as root it worked).

Syncronizing does only work, if the "Pilot Einstellungen..." (Pilot
Settings?) Dialog is open.

This is because something has to run gpilotd, you can add it to your
session or use the applet as alternates.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.